Take these simple steps to become a runner:
1. Buy the right shoes. Search for a brand that fits you properly and is designed for the surface you’ll run on.
2. Make a plan. The two major components of a running routine are time and space. You can get in great shape with as little as a 30-minute session every other day.
3. Find your pace. If you push yourself too hard you may become overly fatigued or injured.
4. Remember to warm up and cool down. Try to walk or slowly jog to ease your body into your run. When you finish your run, walk another ' minutes to cool yourself down. Then comes the best time for stretching.
5. Don’t hesitate to walk. Walk breaks work best when you walk for at least 1 minute but no longer than 5 minutes.
6. Pay attention to your form. Minor modifications can help you become a more efficient runner.
7. Eat and drink the right foods. Control your weight, eat lightly an hour before training, and drink 8 to 16 ounces of water or sports drink an hour before running.
8. Focus on stretching and strengthening. Supplement your running by strengthening your upper body and stretching your legs.